I’ve been on the hunt for some good quality cold weather gear for quite a while now, and recently I came across the good guys over at Geertop who sent me over this awesome 2 person 4 season tent to check out. I’ve been needing a good quality tent and this one looked like it would fit my needs well. It’s has enough space to accommodate the wife & dog for when we go camping as well.
When it comes to a 2 person 4 season tent you got to be cautious of a couple things. You want to get something that’s robust and heavy duty to hold up to mother nature, but at the same time you don’t want something that’s incredibly huge and heavy. Alternatively you don’t want to go with something that uses such lightweight materials that they end up being subpar and can’t hold up. You have to find a good median. Something that is rugged, lightweight, and appropriately sized for the pack you’re carrying it in.
This Geertop 4 Season Tent is a happy median.
I was pretty surprised by the hardware that comes with this tent. I was honestly expecting this thing to be rather subpar on the quality front. I figured the stakes and the poles would bend easy, and the tent material wouldn’t hold up to the abuse of the bush. Now, I haven’t got to take it out much yet, but from my initial review this 4 season tent is good to go. The stakes have a triangular design which adds a lot of strength. So even though they are aluminum, they hold up tremendously.
The poles are very high quality as well. They snap together easily. I will say though, in the cold they can literally stick to your hands if you’re not careful. So be sure you’re wearing gloves.
It comes with 3 poles. One small, and two larger ones. The two larger ones lay in an X to shape the main body of the tent, and the smaller one shapes the zipper entrance. You have an inner tent, as well as the fly. It’s best to set up the fly first, and then the inner tent. Once you’ve got the entire tent set up and staked out you can secure it further by tying it down with the 4 included bright neon colored guy ropes.
One of my favorite features has to be the vestibule area. It gives you the ability to have a space to store your gear to keep it out of the elements, but not have to keep it inside the actual floor space of the tent. It’s a small corridor, if you will.
Here’s The Details
This ultralight 4 season tent offers ample room for 2 backpackers. It’s perfect for hiking, climbing and camping. Good for all regions and all-weather-use, including mountain, snowfield and desert!
- Flysheet: 20D PU8000MM waterproof silicon coated nylon, seam taped.
- Inner tent: 210T breathable polyester + high density fine nylon mesh.
- Floor: 210T PU5000MM waterproof coating polyester, seam taped.
- Pole Material: Aluminum, 8.5mm
- Unique Vestibular design to store your gear.
- Large space in tent body with a living room, a bedroom and two wide doors for more comfortable use.
- Flysheet made of 20D ultralight silicon coated nylon, can be used separately as a shelter.
- Mesh area in the inner tent, and door, improves tent thermal performance.
- Double-layered, cross poles, through-bar design. Aluminum poles facilitate tent stability to withstand the harshest weather.
- It is an alpine four season backpacking tent, gale resistant, rain/storm proofing and anti-sediment.
- Very portable, breathable, waterproofing and UV blocking.
- This 4 season camping tent has snow skirt to block snows. Two vents to allow airflow and decrease condensation.
- Four corners of this 4 season tent are covered with rain covers, double stitching and waterproof tape sealed seams to withstand rainstorms.
- Fluorescent guy ropes stop you from having a deep in love kiss to the earth at night. Door packing belt for night use.
- There are two storage pouches that can hold mobile phones, wallets, keys, and other items on the inner tent.
- Aluminum tent pegs enhance this tent’s stability under gale winds.
- Tip: You should set the flysheet up first, then the inner tent.
- Seasons: 4
- Number of doors: 2
- Windows of flysheet: 2
- Number of vestibules: 1
- Sleeping capacity: 2 people
- Floor dimensions: 83 * 47 inches / 210 * 120 cm
- Floor area: 27.1 square feet / 2.52 m²
- Vestibular area: 8.6 square feet / 0.8 m²
- Height: 39.37 inches / 100 cm
- Packaged weight: 6.17lbs / 2.8KG
- Packed Size: 6.3 * 6.3 * 18inches / 16 * 16 * 45cm
Included in the box:
- 1 Tent Body
- 1 Flysheet
- 17 Aluminum Tent Pegs with easy carry bag
- 3 Folding Aluminum Poles with easy carry bag
- 4 Windproof, Reflective Ropes
- 1 Large carry bag for the entire package
GEERTOP has confidence in their products. That’s why they back them all with an 18-month warranty, and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
If you’re looking for a good 4 season tent I highly recommend giving Geertop a good look.
Our objective here is to provide higher caliber resources and information that enhance your preparedness in all aspects. If you’re enjoying the content you get from MASK and want to help support our mission please consider becoming a member of our elite community that we call the Warrior Tribe.
Comprised of those most serious about preparedness, our Tribe will help you take your survivability to the next level through active training, accountability, and advanced resources. Our organization is rapidly growing and we would love to see you become a bigger part of it.
As always thanks for checking out our blog! If you found value in this article we would greatly appreciate a share. Remember to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel so you never miss any new videos, as well as come join our FREE Facebook Group “Mastery of Survival” if you’re not already a member!
You can check out and follow all of our other social media pages here on our Clyxo page.