As the years go by I continue finding myself enjoying winter more and more. Snow just makes everything cooler when it comes to photography and videography. We had our first snow of the season the other day so I got out and put the new OneWind Hammock, Underquilt, and Blanket to the test. Onyx tagged along for this trip too. He is a husky, so I try to get him out in the snow whenever possible. In the video above I break down everything you need to know about this hammock setup including some of the great features.
If you’re new to hammocks you’ll definitely want to watch this breakdown. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is pulling everything straight out of the stuff sack. A lot of times, hammocks are pre-configured in the bag and if you just start ripping everything out, you can end up with a tangled mess that will ruin your day. I made this mistake and got my bug net inside out, my ridgeline disconnected, and all my shock cords knotted up. Let’s just say I won’t make that mistake again and hopefully you can avoid some annoyance.
ONEWIND HAMMOCK SPECS
- XL WIDE PANEL HAMMOCK – The OneWind hammock design is a wide stitch free hammock that removes the scratchy and stiff “seam ridges” that keep you tossing and turning at night. ( not normal 3 panel hammock bed) Our XL Wide hammock (68″ Width) was designed specifically with the most ideal and flat diagonal lay in mind. And for 2 persons. 2.2 oz 70D, ripstop Hexagon Nylon fabric is high strength, breathableand, abrasion resistant, durable.
- ALL ACCESSORIES – Wide Hammock Bed, Bottem Entry Bugnet (Mosquito Net), X-Steel Adjustable Ridgeline, Adjustable Buckles *2, 10ft Tree Straps *2, Overhead Organizer, Lantern or Bottle Hanger, Double Side Stuff Sack. Our tree straps adjust system lighter than typical tree straps & carabiners by 200g. And easy setup (less than 3 minutes）
- UHMWPE RIDGELINE – There is adjustable ridgeline that runs between two buckles. Adjust the length of the ridgeline to control the sag of the double hammock to suit your comfort position.
- DOUBLE SIDED STUFF SACK – You will never have to worry about leaving anything behind. Keep the hammock clean, contained, and off the ground.
- RIDGELINE ORGANIZER AND LANTERN HANGER – Lightweight organizer and lantern hanger can move to whichever position suits you. But won’t slide on ridgeline.
- EASY ENTRY, SELF ADJUSTING BUGNET – Bottom entry bug net, no zipper. Never worry about zippers getting stuck or breaking. Simply enter through the opening at the bottom of the mosquito net. When you cinch the shock cord down the bug net will match the hammock and seal close.
- GIFT CHOICE AND SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Perfect for wild camping, Survival, Bushcraft, backpacking, hiking, traveling, hanging out on college campuses, and more!
ONEWIND UNDERQUILT SPECS
- LIGHTWEIGHT NYLON AND DUPONT TEFLON – This hammock underquilt both side fabric are 20D 400T ultralight(1.1 oz) nylon fabric. Olive Green Blanket Shell fabric is Dupont Teflon (DWR,protects from stains) .
- DUPONT WARM QUILT – Bio-Based Fiber Sustans Made with Dupont Sorona. Sustans is the world’s first high-tech insulation material for winter clothes. More environmentally friendly. Sustans fluffy, high warmth, high elasticity, soft hand feel and more convenient and flexible to use it. Applicable environment: 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- KEEP WARM AND MULTIPLE SEASON – No Cold Butt Syndrome (CBS) on the under quilt.There are shock cords on each end of the underquilt that tighten the middle part of the underquilt. This reduces sag in the end dams, eliminating cold spots under the legs and shoulders. In cold weather, you can cinch the shock cords at both ends to help keep in warmth, and when the weather gets warmer, you can loosen the shock cords for cooling ventilation.
- 2 IN 1 AND SUITABLE FOR ALL SEASON – In cold weather, you can tighten the shrinking ropes at both ends to help keep warm; when the weather gets warmer, you can loosen the shrinking ropes at both ends. By adding our blanket to the underquilt, you will get a 2-layer winter underquilt. 2 in 1 underquilt application environment: 14 -30 degrees.
- QUICK SETUP AND SYNTHETIC INSULATION – Quick setup by fastening the two carabiners on each end of the hammock.Can Be Washed & It Dries Quickly Unlike Goose Down.Avoid allergy issues with goose/ duck down feather blankets.
ONEWIND BLANKET SPECS
- LIGHTWEIGHT NYLON AND DUPONT TEFLON – This camping blanket shell fanbric and lining fabric are 20D 400T ultralight(1.1 oz) nylon fabric. Olive Green Blanket Shell fabric is Dupont Teflon (DWR,protects from stains) .
- DUPONT WARM BLANKET – The outdoor waterproof blanket quilted by Bio-Based Fiber Sustans( Dupont Sorona). Sustans is the world’s first high-tech insulation material for winter clothes. More environmentally friendly,fluffy, high warmth, high elasticity.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – Fabrics and quilt fillers are ultra-light materials with a total weight of only 1.8LBS. With compression bag, the compact blanket is packable easily into the 11″*6″.
- WARM – 40-50 Dgree. Good choice for camping quilt, backpacking blanket, hiking blanket for cold weather. By adding our blanket to our underquilt, you will get a 2-layer winter underquilt( 14 -23 degrees).
- SYNTHETIC INSULATION AND WASHABLE – Can Be Washed & It Dries Quickly Unlike Goose Down. Avoid allergy issues with goose/ duck down feather blankets.
If you’d like to grab any of these pieces of gear you can use these links below. It will help us out, and you can get some solid deals! Thanks for reading and be sure to share it with a friend.
Buy the OneWind Hammock: https://amzn.to/2qUxUgO
Buy the OneWind Underquilt: https://amzn.to/2CLuL5t
Buy the OneWind Blanket Upgrade: https://amzn.to/2CP86W8
Our objective here is to provide higher caliber resources and information that enhance your preparedness in all aspects. If you’re enjoying the content you get from MASK and want to help support our mission please consider becoming a member of our elite community that we call the Warrior Tribe.
Comprised of those most serious about preparedness, our Tribe will help you take your survivability to the next level through active training, accountability, and advanced resources. Our organization is rapidly growing and we would love to see you become a bigger part of it.
As always thanks for checking out our blog! If you found value in this article we would greatly appreciate a share. Remember to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel so you never miss any new videos, as well as come join our FREE Facebook Group “Mastery of Survival” if you’re not already a member!
You can check out and follow all of our other social media pages here on our Clyxo page.