Tru-Spec is normally known for quality budget gear but they totally proved that they can step up to the plate with higher-end apparel with the Tru-Spec Xpedition Tactical Pants. Part of the 24-7 series, the Xpedition Tactical Pants are packed with practical functionality, and they’re my new favorite tactical pants.
The two biggest things I look for in a pair of tactical pants is the breathability and flexibility. They have to breath good, and they can’t restrict my range of motion. If they check those two boxes they’re normally going to be good. Those aren’t the only two boxes the Xpedition Tactical Pants check though. They’re also adjustable at the boot line, flexible in the waist for easy CCW, and versatile all around.
Here’s Some Notes From Tru-Spec on The Xpedition Tactical Pants
Lightweight yet super durable these pants are the right choice for a wide range of outdoor activities from camping, climbing to hiking. Constructed from durable 6.5 oz. polyester cotton rip-stop fabric with a DWR water repellent coating and double Weave 91% Nylon, 9% Spandex® accents, the TRU-SPEC® 24-7 Xpedition® pants are like no outdoor pants you have ever worn.;
- Durable double weave fabric on the hip yoke, back of the knees and front cargo pockets
- Comfort fit slider waistband
- French fly inside zipper for added security
- Deep front slash pockets designed to hold most folding knives
- Front facing inset stretch cargo pockets with hidden snap closure and internal D-rings
- Left cargo pocket has zipper closure under flap for secure storage
- Easy access DropN pocket behind right cargo pocket
- Dual mesh zippered cooling vents on each leg at the thigh and calf area for increased airflow and temperature regulation
- Gusseted for ease of movement
- Carabiner or keychain loops on front belt loops
- Back pockets – one with an easy access flap closure, one with a secure zippered closure
- Articulated knees
- Double zipper leg opening with expandable mesh lining and venting options
- Additional layer of nylon webbing fabric for reinforced durability from boots
- Strap adjustment with snaps on ankle cuffs and boot hooks
Here are some other options if these don’t “do it” for you.
- Tru-Spec Tactical Pants (This is a good deal but you can occasionally find them cheaper. These do ACTUALLY have the knee cut out on the inside for an insert if you want to have some reinforcement.)
- 5.11 Tactical Pants (These are normally a bit more expensive but this is a super deal.)
- Vertex Phantom Tactical Pants (These have a concealed zipper pocket.)
- Rothco BDU Tactical Pants (These are more on the cheap and basic end but still decent.)
- Blackhawk Tactical Pants (Basic but rugged. Similar to Tru-Spec.)
- Reebow Gear Tactical Pants (These are a little more high end with a really nice design and zipper pockets.)
Our objective here is to provide higher caliber resources and information that enhance your preparedness in all aspects. If you’re enjoying the content you get from MASK and want to help support our mission please consider becoming a member of our elite community that we call the Warrior Tribe.
Comprised of those most serious about preparedness, our Tribe will help you take your survivability to the next level through active training, accountability, and advanced resources. Our organization is rapidly growing and we would love to see you become a bigger part of it.
As always thanks for checking out our blog! If you found value in this article we would greatly appreciate a share. Remember to SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel so you never miss any new videos, as well as come join our FREE Facebook Group “Mastery of Survival” if you’re not already a member!
You can check out and follow all of our other social media pages here on our Clyxo page.