PREPARE YOUR KIDS WITH THE CM-3M
What’s good, guys!? I want to show you the new Mira Saftey CM-3M today, but first… I hope you’re all doing well despite all the crazy things going around the world lately! I feel like we have been dangling on the edge of doomsday for a long time now, and lately, it seems like it could become a reality any moment. This is why we prepare, though, right!
When the Coronavirus hit, I think it woke a lot of people up to preparedness. Beyond that, there has also been a ton of wildfires. Masks have been a scorching and sensitive topic lately. You might remember I did a comprehensive review on the Mira Safety CM-6M Gas Mask awhile back before a lot of this popped off.
If you missed that video, definitely go back and watch it because it has a ton of great information about CBRN prepping and various masks’ effectiveness. The short truth of it all is that if you want to be truly protected from deadly viruses, chemical attacks, wildfire smoke, etc. It would be best if you had a full-face respirator. These surgical masks and shemaghs that people are wearing do very little to protect you or anyone else for that matter truly.
I’ve been friends with Mira Safety for several years now, and I really like their products and mission. They have absolutely exploded these past two years. With the lockdowns and manufacturing limitations and bottlenecks, it caused them to get unbelievably backed up for a while, but they have improved and gotten back on track at this point fairly well.
Throughout those growing pains, they have developed a plethora of new products. One of them is this CM-3M CBRN Child Escape Respirator, and I really wanted to give you guys an overview of it because my kids are everything in my life, and I’m sure those of you with kids feel the same. I want mine to be protected if a bad situation happens.
BUT THERE IS A CHALLENGE
The challenge is… Gas masks are kinda scary for kids. Not only that, but they’re complicating, and children have substantially less lung capacity than the average adult. This makes it a struggle for them to draw enough air through these complex filters we use in normal gas masks. Propper fitment is also a challenge too. Overall if a child or young teen uses a typical adult mask like the CM-6M, they’re undoubtedly going to experience fatigue more easily, get distracted, or worse.
There are not many solid options for protecting our kids out there, and that’s why I wanted to show you this one. It’s a little pricey at around $550, but it’s a price I’m willing to pay to ensure I can keep my kids safe. Combine this CM-3M with the MIRA Haz Suit, butyl rubber boots, gloves, and some chemtape, and they’ll be ready to rock and roll. This is, of course, the absolute protection solution. Depending on the situation, you may only need the mask.
SPECS & FEATURES
- The CM-3M as a complete system including an expandable mask, blower unit, tubing, back/waist carrier, integrated water bottle, and Israeli NBC Filter.
- Suitable for children as young as 2 up to and including small teens (fits children as young as a few months old, but due to the risk of them removing it, we only recommend for ages 2+)
- Uses 4 standard CR123A batteries to power the blower with a runtime of 15-22 hours of continuous use
- Multiple carrying options, with the included back carrier, recommended for ages 4 and under and the included waist/belt mount for ages 4+
- The blower/bellows system provides 45 liters per minute of airflow, overpressurizing the hood’s interior to ensure easy breathing
- Hood constructed from 4-layer PVC/nylon/nylon/PVC for maximum tear-resistance (tested according to standard ASTM D882)
- The system has been tested to ensure 100% protection from aerosols
- Tested to provide up to 240 minutes of effective protection from mustard gas (CWA) according to MIL-STD-282 (method 204.1.1.)
- Comes in a compact, folded package, making it easy to store in a trunk, backpack, or closet
- The blower unit can alternatively be attached to a standard 40 mm NATO gas mask, combining superior protection with easier breathing and longer use
- An integrated hydration system allows for safe drinking, even in dangerous environments
- Made in Israel
If you have any questions or just want to say what’s up, drop us a comment down below! I do my best to engage with everyone as much as possible. As always, if you’re looking to go from average to savage in your preparedness and get further faster in your life, without having to navigate the traditional rivers of bullshit, and get paid in the process, consider joining our tribe.
Also btw, my book is officially published! You can now buy my book, The Primal Method: A strategic approach to preparedness for the modern age in all formats.
Our objective here is to provide higher caliber resources and information that enhance your preparedness in all aspects. If you’re enjoying the content you get from MASK and want to help support our mission please consider becoming a member of our elite community that we call the Warrior Tribe.
Comprised of those most serious about preparedness, our Tribe will help you take your survivability to the next level through active training, accountability, and advanced resources. Our organization is rapidly growing and we would love to see you become a bigger part of it.
As always thanks for checking out our blog! If you found value in this article we would greatly appreciate a share. Also, be sure to join our free Facebook group “Mastery of Survival,” and follow us on our social platforms like YouTube and Instagram below. We’re always looking to connect with more prepared minds and you will get access to more great content.